Saturday, February 18, 2012

DIY Nail arts

Photobucket
My first Gelish manicure done for the Xmassy season. Removing it was tedious though but it does last longer than normal nail polish. I had them scraped off by myself following the methods on the internet rather than wasting my time sitting for hours in the salon. Browsing through Youtube, watching how easy some nail art was done, I decided to try out some methods myself.

 Photobucket
My 1st trial on the marbling method by dripping the nail polish in to the water & creating  patterns & dipping your nails in. Only my middle finger was done successfully... This method might dry your nail polish fast so try not to keep the fan on when trying out the marbling method.

Photobucket
1st trial on the sponge method. Does it have the gradient effect feel? Am not sure why my nail tips were smudge. Might be my base was not completely dry, I applied the top coat. An idea of what I wanted to do for my CNY nails.

Photobucket
I wanted to try the marbling method again, not wanting to waste my precious nail polishes, I went to get some cheapo polish to play with. It's advisable to get cheap ones as marbling method is dripping your polish in to the water. The more you drip the more the patterns/colours will turn out prettier.

Photobucket
A clearer pic of my 2nd trial of marbling method. Well, not 100% sastisfied, but at least the patterns were prettier then my 1st trial... lol!!

Photobucket
My thumbs. One was slightly smudge. The other 1 though the polish was too thick but the pattern turned out pretty. 

 Photobucket
My CNY nails!! I had a pearly pink base with gold & red gradient.

Photobucket
A clearer pic of my nails! Love them! So pretty! But too bad they are normal nail polish & they didn't last more than a week. But touching up the chipped tips were easy as it was the sponge method. lol!!

Photobucket 
Before I had not came across those creative methods of DIY nail arts, I thought of doing this for my CNY nails. lol!! Boring rite...


No comments: